Monday, August 31, 2009

Oaths of Moment

I had a really fun day. I think I needed it more than I did any of the days before. Not that anyone here really knew. Not that many people ever know.

I went out to breakfast with my grandfather to this little place in a township everyone here lovingly refers to as Mayberry. Some place that's been there longer than most people reading this have been alive, run by the same people by the same standards. And so on and so forth. Great food.

After that, our trip to the butterfly garden turned into an adventure through the Mall to visit the little Borders inside and ended up a trip to the movies. District 9. Go see it. Everything you've read or heard about it being good is true. I cannot tell a lie! I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it, much to my surprise.

For some reason within the mall they had super gigantic catfish. And an ice rink. I didn't get a picture of that but you bet your ass I got pictures of the super giant fishes. For some reason, despite the crowd near the pond, they thought I was there to feed them. Which presented golden opportunities to get pictures. In fact I got several... interesting photos from the mall.

The Borders outlet there didn't have what I was looking for, so we then went to the big Borders outside. This was like the mega Borders. Could fit two of the Borders from where I'm from inside of it, easily. Two floors of wonderful, wonderful books.

I picked up Horus Rising. Because I'm a fking dork. Me standing in that isle of books caused some kneeling guy sorting through Magic cards to fall over and a clerk to ask me if I was lost. I'm like, "No. I am exactly where I want to be, thank you." Why it's so hard to believe I read geeky things is always a curious thing to me. Didn't they get the memo? Smart is cool now.

My grandfather also gave me a bunch of books to read from his own collection. He has a favorite author now. It's cute. One of the books had some sort of bug in it and it ate little holes clear through a bunch of pages. It makes the book really interesting to look at. I don't know what it'll do for reading it, though. I'm a little nervous about putting it along with my other books out of fear they will meet a similar fate.


Betrayal indeed.

I'd better go. This is the largest banana daiquiri I've ever seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment