Saturday, October 31, 2009

Kink, Not Kinky

Someone went and threw a kink in my Halloween plans. Who? I don't know. Probably one of you heathens that goes shopping all drippy and hacking rather than just staying home. If that's you, screw you. I'm suddenly running a fever of 102.

As tempted as I am to just down some Tylenol and get on with it, I think a visit to the new mini-hospital here in town may be in order. Likely the only place open today aside from the hospital-hospital which is further away. Since my trend is to skip the minute illnesses entirely and aim only for those more badass ones.

Ideally they'll run a few tests, declare it some fluke and send me on my spooky way.

Not like I need a lot of time to get ready or anything. I've always been lucky in that sense. I'm so pale I can wear anything and people assume I'm costumed. I've gone as a vampire almost every year since I was 8. Once my mom made me stop being a princess. No offense mom, but a princess? Really? Granted I was probably far creepier as a little undead girl than I am as a full grown undead woman

Instant vampire. Just add blood.
 Sometimes I don't even bother with fangs. People just assume that's my goal regardless. Which is one of the reasons I tend to stray from dark colors every other day of the year. People may mistake me for some weirdo. My biggest issue this year (aside from having a random fever), I think, will be finding something to wear. Almost all of my clothes are in Florida, so I have a very limited selection.

We'll just have to see what I can come up with!
After I venture to see a doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment