Friday, February 1, 2013

Nuptials: An Update

Aaron and I got engaged on January 1st, 2011. At first I was all about planning, caught up in the dream and romance of things. Then I got to thinking and doing the math. While I'd love for everything to be officially official, it's really not all that important to have our commitment to one another on paper right now. I love him and he loves me. For us it's always been official. That's what matters.

Every now and then people ask why we're not yet married. I guess, especially because they assumed we would want to rush things once we found out I was pregnant last year. As neither of us are Christian however, rushing to the altar because we had a baby on the way wasn't an objective. Neither of our personal or religious beliefs make starting a family prior to the government recognizing our relationship a concern.

Honestly it's just not financially responsible for us to wed right now. What with the state of the economy and what have you. We each make more separately overall than we would jointly. This won't always be the case, but it is presently. We definitely plan on walking down the aisle sooner rather than later, so stay tuned for that. It's just not so pressing a matter that we felt the need to do so right away. Consider this an official save the date: The Future. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment