Friday, September 16, 2011

Procrastination Nation

I ran into a problem where I had many things to do last night (like feed myself and wash dishes) but I had no desire to go do them. So instead I sat on the internet writing blogs and used pillows to turn myself into a clam:



Finally I got around to doing one of the things I was supposed to do just as Aaron got back from class. I confessed my absolute inability to pull myself away from doing things that were fun to do things that weren't and then continued to procrastinate about feeding myself for an additional two hours. Until I got so hungry I finally caved and made a sandwich.

Normally Aaron masterfully crafts for us a delicious homemade dinner. Artichoke heart lasagna, herb baked chicken with seasoned potato wedges, breaded pork chops with mashed potatoes and caramelized onions, butternut squash gnocchi, seared Ahi with rice and peas, spaghetti with garlic bread, etc., etc. Even 'quick' meals are far from shabby. Pot-stickers with rice and sugar snap peas, Porkbuns, and fish tacos come to mind. Aaron is an amazing cook.

Then there is me. I could burn a boiling pot of water. Somehow. So when Aaron has class in the evening and I have to feed myself one of four things happens. Corndogs, pizza rolls, a sandwich, or mac n' cheese. Two of those involve using the oven. One of those involves the stove. So what usually happens is that I eat a lot of sandwiches. For instance on Wednesday night I had a peanut butter and jam sandwich. On Thursday night I had a peanut butter and honey sandwich. Luckily I freaking love sandwiches. Especially if they contain honey or jam.

But now that means I have to do all of those things I was supposed to do yesterday, today -- and feed myself breakfast. Aaron made coffee before leaving for class though, so at least I can zip around coffee in one hand cleaning with the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment