Sunday, September 25, 2011

Honey & Steam

It's not often that I write about things you should buy, own, or take part in, but there are some things that could drastically improve your quality of life if only you had access to them. So you should take me seriously when I recommend things!

Yes, we have a power juicer.
As I'm sure you're well aware by now, I love honey. I'm something of a honey connoisseur. I can tell the difference between honey made from different flowers entirely by taste alone, and if you are not lucky enough to keep your own bees, I can definitely point you in the direction of quality honey. Which brings me to the first item of recommendation: Trader Joe's Clover Blossom Honey.

Clover honey is perhaps my favorite honey. It is simple and sweet and can be used in a variety of ways. I've tried a lot of clover honey in my day and by far the sweetest has been Trader Joe's. Which is a good thing, assuming you plan on using the honey to sweeten something. Which is like 99% of the time you'd be using honey in the first place. It means that you need to use less honey to reach the desired result.

As an aside, honey must always come in bear-bottle form. If you are at the market and you find yourself presented with the options: regular bottle or bear-shaped, the choice is obvious. Don't muck it up.

The second thing I'm going to tell you about is Steam. It is a free gaming program that allows you to download games legally (read: at a price), connect with your friends, and even allows you to buy games and give them to other users as a gift. Why is this program worth mentioning? Because it doesn't exclusively offer to sell you new titles. Many of its games are old, beloved classics. Like Sonic The Hedgehog or Shining Force. So while, sure, you could download Call of Duty 26, you can also download Kid Chameleon.

The gift-giving feature is also really useful. Forget to buy your friend/sibling a gift for (insert gift-giving holiday here)? You can instantly bestow upon them a video game! Problem solved. No pesky shipping to pay for or deal with.

I realize that many of you already have Steam, but you would truly be amazed by how many of your peers do not!

P.S. You can find me on Steam under the handle: Morally_Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment