Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Bokchoy Wonderland

Went and saw Alice In Wonderland this past weekend. It wasn't as dark as I had expected an Alice In Wonderland rendition by Tim Burton to be, but it was entertaining none-the-less. Alice In Wonderland is inherently dark by it's very nature, so I suppose I just suspected Burton would've honed in on that more to his advantage. It was enjoyable though. I liked the Cheshire Cat especially, but then again he's always been my favorite.

I have a strange fascination with quarter machines. You know? Those things you see in super markets and theaters everywhere. Insert a quarter, get a random toy.  Usually I just buy rubber balls, the fun is in trying to guess what color you'll get. If you guess right, you win! But I couldn't pass up the opportunity to get a Bok Choy Boy from the theater's machines. I mean, who could? Just what is a Bok Choy Boy? Well...







Delicious bok choy!
A boy. Whose? I don't know.
 Somehow combining the two gives you this:



 Yeah, I don't know either. Moving on!

We had the hardest time finding card shops, which was boggling because several years ago there were at least 4 or 5 within a 30 minute drive (30 minutes is considered pretty good, out here).  In fact local listings still list them nearby. However, all of them are gone if you try going to where they are supposed to be. Like all just up and closed simultaneously. I eventually managed to find a few places -- none of which were actual card shops. So at least I know where I can find M:TG cards locally, should I desire anything mundane I don't require the internet for.  For everything else... there's the internet! I imagine that's where I'll be buying the brunt of my stock from anyhow. Since, you know, Ohio and all.

In other geeky news, I finally got Dragon Age working. I'm not sure how many of you have played it or plan on playing it, so I won't spoil anything. Song of Ice And Fire fans may be interested to know there is totally a Ser Jory in it though! Whether or not it's an intentional reference, I have no idea, but I found it amusing. Aside from that it's been Dawn of War II and Skies of Arcadia. I need more hours in a day to play all these games. Dragon Age is absorbing too many of them.

Tomorrow is my doctor appointment. Briiiiight and early, so I probably won't be on until afterward and even then I'll probably try to nap as soon as I get home. At least you know ahead of time that I'll be leaving you hanging a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment