Saturday, February 27, 2010

The Spanish Inquisition

Nobody expects it.

In a little less than 7 hours, I will begin the journey South to fetch my belongings from Florida. Finally. Finally. What a weight off my shoulders. It will be a long drive, around 24 hours total. Though, we'll be breaking in Georgia to eat and sleep so all in all the trek will probably round out around 30 hours or more. That'll put us there on Monday.

I bought a bunch of snacks for the road. Banana nut muffins, blueberry muffins, lemon poppy seed muffins, Bavarian creme doughnuts, Sunchips, pistachios, and jerky amongst them. I'm sensing a little bit of a theme there. Also orange juice, since I'll be rising at the crack of dawn tomorrow. I'll end this paragraph there before I am forced to think about how very little sleep I'll be getting tonight.

Here's a little run down of the ideal schedule. I'll probably do more than just these things of course, but these are what falls on the "to do" list. The entirety of Monday will be spent wallowing around in the hotel's queen size bed or even better, the hot tub. This'll be a day devoted to recovering from sitting for so damned long.

Tuesday I meet with the Seminole tribe folk who moved all of my possessions out of the house it was in and into storage. Whatever will fit will be loaded into the SUV and driven back up North when I go. Likely all my personal boxes, dishes, consoles, computers, and cozy computer chair. The other furniture will remain in storage until the Seminole find buyers for it or I get my place.

If I sell it I don't have to worry about moving it all the way from Florida to Ohio and can use the money to instead just buy all new furniture that I don't have to move hundreds of miles. If I don't sell it I retain my comfortable over-sized furniture but have to spend money without having made any getting it to wherever. Logically the previous is the better idea, but we'll see how it goes.

Wednesday is vacation day! I do absolutely nothing of importance all day and just bum around pool side sipping fruity alcoholic beverages with little umbrellas in them.

Thursday I have to go to the house in Clearwater and personally pick up a few odd ends that were left behind, but most importantly I have to go there to get my cat. The fabled Neelix! I can't wait. I'm actually looking more forward to being reunited with my cat than I am looking forward to having all my stuff back. Anyone who has met him knows why though.

He's a great cat.
Friday, bright and early we begin the drive back up, stopping once somewhere along the way for food and sleep again. We should be safely back in Ohio with Neelix and everything else by Saturday sometime. I probably won't have a lot of time on the internet while down there, but I will have my cell phone with me. You know what that means! My mom will send me daily picture texts of my goldfish every time she goes to feed him.

Toodles land of ice and snow.
I'll miss you most of all, internets.
Florida, watch out, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment