Saturday, September 26, 2009

Marian The Librarian

Tonight is movie night. Late every Saturday we watch some movie from the 50's. Tonight it's an old horror film. Which will be funny for several reasons. Mostly because on Monday I can say, "Last week, I sawr a film, as I recall it was a horror film."

We also bought a bunch of popcorn from a local Boy Scout who came by this morning with a little wagon full of the stuff. Made his day by buying so much. He must have been about 6 or 7 tops. So excited to make his first sale.

How convenient, I thought, popcorn for our movie!

I may also go to a concert. A patient and friend of my aunt's, Rosie,  is playing a show tonight and wants us to come stop by. You may know her from the band Dot Dot Dot, contestants a while back on The Next Great American Band. I haven't seen her since I was like 15, so that may be fun.

Tomorrow it's a toss up. We could go to the huge community BBQ or we could go to the horse track. We were invited to a private box, which is pretty damn neat. I haven't been invited to a private box since I was about 8 years old and won all those old trackies so much money. It's like watching the races in a tiny cube-shaped palace complete with servants. For now I go to buy more donuts and coffee. Because you can never have enough of either.

My mother keeps texting me pictures of her fish Eric and her other fish Eric. And her other other fish, Eric. Mom, what the hell? It's so absurd it's cute. I love you.

Yeah, I just said I love my mom in public. What're you gonna do about it?! That's what I thought. Go call your mothers, they miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment