Wednesday, November 26, 2014

My Favorite Things (Foods)

1. Popcorn
Preferably with just butter. Sometimes kettlecorn style. Rarely with caramel. Even more rarely with cheese. I love popcorn. It is the perfect snack and I will eat an entire bag of it all by myself in a single sitting. No regrets!

2. Potatoes
I don't care how you cook them, they're going to be fucking delicious and I'm going to eat more than a single serving.

3. Waffles
Fancy pancakes with syrup dimples. You can't go wrong. It's the perfect breakfast food. It's the perfect anytime food. Dinner time? Make a waffle sandwich. I feel compelled to type YOLO.

4. Bean & Cheese Burritos
Pockets of molten bean and melty cheese. I ate these things everyday for years and would do it again because they're awesome.

5. Pirogi
Potato pockets with stuff inside. Pirogi were the staple of my diet back when I lived on my own and there's a reason for that.

6. Pot Stickers
Pockets of meat and vegetables (you're probably noticing a trend with me and pocket foods). Serve with a side of sugar snap peas and yum.

7. Ravioli
Pockets of cheese and meat or vegetables (another pocket food, huge shocker) drown in some savory sauce. Mmm...

8. Pizza
I love pizza. I don't want to meet the person who is like, "I hate pizza."

9. Peanut Butter & Jam Sandwiches
I never outgrew this classic elementary school packed lunch staple. I enjoy them enough to make on a regular basis, even now that I'm a full fledged adult human with my own pb&j eating offspring.

10. Soup
I really like soup. Pretty much any soup, stew, or bisque. There's just something soothing about a nice hot bowl of soup. Especially potato soup.

Honorable Mention: Rainbow Sprinkles
I know, you're thinking, "That isn't a food really..." but they are. You can put them on any dessert and it's instantly better. Ice cream, pie, cake, cupcakes, pudding, mousse, donuts, candy bars, whatever. You can just grab a spoon and eat them on their own. They're delicious and I won't be told otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment