Saturday, November 1, 2014

My Favorite Things (Products)

I get a lot of asks about my favorite products. Things I use basically all the time because they're so great I can't help myself. The list isn't really that long.

1. Lush, Honey I Washed The Kids
This is a soap. It lathers richly, cleans and moisturizes your flesh, and smells delectable. Warm and sweet. I've yet to find any other product that smells this good. Unfortunately there does not exist a matching perfume.

2. Auric Blends, Honey Almond
This is a roll-on oil perfume. It applies evenly, lasts a long while, and smells fantastic. It's my solution to there not being a Honey I Washed The Kids scent on the market. A warm, subtle, sweet scent.

3. LypSyl, LypRadiance Honey Rose
This is a lip balm. A lip balm that actually works. It lasts a while and leaves my lips softer for having applied it even once it's worn off. Despite the name, it does not taste of honey or smell of roses. The scent it does have is very light, and is somewhat citrus-y. It has a barely any tint and just a hint of sparkle, which is great because it's a balm not a gloss!

4. Neutrogena Original Formula Bar Soap
This, obviously, is a soap. It's for your face, though I suppose you could use it anywhere if you really wanted. It is however balanced for cleaning faces and removing make-up, which is does wonderfully. It has a scent but I can't really describe it. I find it pleasant, for whatever reason. It leaves my face feeling clean but not dried out.

5. Aveeno Active Naturals, Ultra Calming Moisturizer
This is an oil free facial lotion, so it won't clog pores. It also contains feverfew which is excellent for those of us with sensitive skin. It leaves my skin moisturized but not shiny looking or slimy feeling, which, you know, is ideal.

6. Lush, Charity Pot
This is an all-over lotion. A little goes a long way, so don't slather it on! It has a light, semi-sweet scent and works wonders for dry skin, even if you've neglected it for a while and it's really dry. And hey, proceeds go to charity! What I love about Lush, as a company is that if you bring your empty contains back to them, they'll give you a discount towards your next purchase. Incentive to recycle (not that you should need one)!

7. Pantene Pro-V Classic Shampoo & Conditioner
These, clearly, are a shampoo and conditioner. I get a lot of questions regarding my hair care (suppose it comes with having such long hair?) and people are often surprised to find out I don't use expensive salon products. Just regular ol' basic drug-store quality stuff. I like the scent though and honestly, having used expensive salon products in the past extensively, have to say -- it does the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment