Wednesday, November 2, 2011

You Have Probably Noticed

Unless you are completely unobservant you have probably noticed the addition of adverts on this blog. I feel obligated to say a few things about this just so none of you get the wrong idea. This is not Google's doing. I wasn't forced to include them or anything like that. I added them by choice. Therefor when you click on them I, personally, am receiving a portion of the revenue. So don't misunderstand and assume this was done against my will and I don't get anything out of it. That isn't the case.

Let me be clear here though, this is not me asking you to click on them. Click on them only if you want to. It just seemed like a number of you were writing me concerned about what Google was doing to my blog. I probably should have said something sooner, but I wasn't aware it was going to raise such concerns. Thanks for watching my back though. I do appreciate it.

I wish I had a little more control over what you see, but for now it is what it is. For the most part it seems to randomly generate ads based on the content of my blogs. So you may see anything from advertisements for colleges to advertisements for zoos depending on what entry you're reading. I've taken a minimalist approach as not to detract from the content you enjoy. All the ads seen here are safe and I will never add intrusive adverts, such as pop-ups or ones that move, so rest assured.

2 comments: