Monday, December 1, 2008

Results

As it turns out, my vitamin levels were low. Specifically my potassium (which is weird), B12, and vitamin D. My B12 levels were only marginally low, and my potassium levels were moderately lower than normal, my vitamin D levels however are practically nonexistent. Any lower and I probably wouldn't be able to get out of bed, so it's a good thing we caught it.

They are so low that it would take years to bring them up normally. I have to take prescription-strength vitamin D to get them up faster. So for the next 3 months I take these pills, then we test my blood again to see if it's improved. If that doesn't work then it's probably injections for me.

On a plus note, I should be feeling a little better by the middle of... next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment