Sunday, February 19, 2012

Stuff and Things

I've been in something of a creative funk lately. Maybe it's the never-ending pain or maybe it's the lack of time, but it is what it is. I've had a sketch waiting to be inked for about three weeks, several commissions/requests waiting to be started, and more than a dozen ideas for blog posts as well as a few stories floating around in my head... just no will to manifest them into reality. It's even affecting my gaming. I can get into the technical aspect of it, grinding and what have you, but set me down to actually story-tell and I'm more or less like, "derp." Complete lack of motivation.

I apologize for the lack of content recently on all fronts, I truly do, but there's not particularly much in the way for me to do to remedy the situation. Since I can't seem to pinpoint the precise problem. I think it may be a combination effect, really. Pain and feeling like my time is compromised. I could treat the pain to see if that helps but that involves taking Vicodin, which incidentally medicates away my motivation to do anything outside of shove food into my head. So... that's not a very good solution.

As for my seeming lack of time: between four days of classes, two days of physical therapy, and anything else that needs to get done, it always seems in short supply. I can choose between gaming, reading, art, or writing -- but not more than one and due to the social aspect of SWTOR, I tend to fall back on that more often than not lately. Even then, it's primarily the grind, nothing that relies particularly on my creative abilities.

I'll get over it, I'm sure. I just wanted to let you all know precisely where I stand at the moment and reassure you that I'm not throwing in the proverbial towel or anything dramatic like that. I may even force some creativity out of myself in the days to come just to try to get over it, but that idea is hardly inspiring. In the meanwhile, enjoy this video of a puppy who refuses to get out of the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment