Thursday, May 20, 2010

A Month to Kill

I realize now after writing this that the title sounds like I'm some contract killer or rebel soldier or something and I only have one month to kill my targets before the time is up. If I don't meet the deadline, I get dead? I don't know. I don't think I thought this through.

Anyway.

The hospital, my doctor's office, and their various phone-slaves finally mustered up enough team coherence to reschedule my sleep study. What was a speedy, "four days from now," is now an obnoxious, "one month from now." June 23rd. Which naturally pushes back all of my other scheduled appointments as well, since they rely on information provided by this one. Also, it's been changed from a daytime sleep study to an all night sleep study followed immediately by an all day sleep study. So I'll be effectively removed from society for 24 hours.

I have no idea how I'm going to entertain myself during this time frame. Lots of reading, I presume. Doctors are seldom interesting enough to hold a conversation with past the 5 minute mark. I've met enough to know. I'd bring my sketchpad, but then I have to deal with the constant inquiries. Asking me what I'm drawing, where I learned to draw, if I do it professionally, my inspiration, and what sorts of mediums I use. Like it's some sort of arcane magic they've never before seen first hand. It is very difficult to draw anything with someone over your shoulder distracting you every three minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment