Thursday, November 14, 2013

Things You May Not Know About Me

(But probably do because I'm extremely candid.)

12 True Facts About How an Inari Do:

1. I missed the entire first half of my 7th grade school year because my liver was failing and I was in and out of the hospital too much. When I could finally return to school I wasn't allowed to wear denim because waistbands were high back then and the pressure on my still swollen liver could rupture it. I had to wear skirts, dresses, and overalls. They were profoundly out of fashion in 1997.

2. When I was a kid my favorite place to hang out was an occult shop. I would visit two or three times per week.

3. Unbeknownst at the time, a friend of mine stole something one-of-a-kind from me. When I saw the object at their house /ten years later/ I stole it back. I don't know if they know and I don't care.

4. I've been in one fist fight in my entire life and it wasn't even in defense of myself.

5. I have a remarkable ability to correctly predict the outcome of things such as fights and horse races with little to no information other than the names of those involved. Just ask Aaron or my grandfather!

6. I ended a friendship over how to correctly write a capital cursive M. Other than this, I am still friends with everyone I've ever been friends with.

7. I once found a tree filled with colorful parakeets. This is cool when you consider I lived in Michigan and parakeets are not a native species whatsoever. Deciding I wanted one, I climbed the tree and managed to catch one using nothing but my bare hands. I rode with it on my bike to a nearby store where the clerk, an old man named Tony, gave me a paper bag to keep it in. When the tornado sirens went off, he sheltered me in his store until it was safe and my mother could come pick me up. I named my parakeet Tony. I still think about him. The man, not the parakeet.

8. When I was little all of my baby dolls had J names. I have no idea why. Seems relevant now though!

9. I was an actual recluse for three years of my life. This is why I do not find people saying, "I'm such a hermit lol" as endearing as people intend it to be.

10. Despite the fact that my brother and I have never gotten along (regardless of my diligent trying), he has saved my life three times. When I say "don't get along" I mean "he tried to smother me as a baby" and that opinion hasn't seemed to change much.

11. I've never known my biological father. As a baby, he tried to kidnap me. I sometimes wonder how differently life would've been had he succeeded, but I am very glad he didn't. I love my life and those in it.

12. When I went deaf it wasn't a gradual process. There was no noticeable event that triggered it. I literally went to bed one night and woke up unable to hear the following morning. I had been sick, but was essentially over it by then. Your life can change that fast. Cherish what you have every day.

1 comment:

  1. On top of your babydolls having J-names. Your RL baby has a J-name. Gasp!

    "3. Unbeknownst at the time, a friend of mine stole something one-of-a-kind from me. When I saw the object at their house /ten years later/ I stole it back. I don't know if they know and I don't care."
    LULZAWICZ

    ReplyDelete