Someone pointed out that I haven't completed a "survey" in a while and requested I do so. It's a little funny because my really old blogs had a number of them, but the internet was also a totally different beast back then. But here you are, I will complete the first survey I ever posted and you can compare my answers from then to now!
Edit: Oh my god it's hundreds of questions long. Jesus. I'm sorry.
1. PICK OUT A SCAR YOU HAVE, AND EXPLAIN HOW YOU GOT IT?
I have a couple of scars on my face, one intersecting my eyebrow and another higher up on my forehead, from when I was walking home from school as a child living in Detroit and another kid standing on a roof threw a brick -- yes a whole brick -- at me and it hit me in the face. I suffered a concussion and wasn't allowed to go to sleep for 12 hours.
2. WHAT IS ON THE WALLS IN YOUR ROOM?
A Dalek poster.
3. WHAT DOES YOUR PHONE LOOK LIKE?
It's a first generation Samsung Galaxy Note in its original case with no protective cover because I live on the edge.
4. WHAT MUSIC DO YOU LISTEN TO?
Anything that appeals to me at the moment. Except country. Country music is annoying.
5. WHAT IS YOUR CURRENT DESKTOP PICTURE?
An extremely creepy piece of artwork I found on Deviant Art of a anthromorphic rabbit laying on its tummy painting Easter eggs. Alongside it are two regular rabbits also painting Easter eggs and a chick that's been doused in egg dye. Technically it is a very well executed piece of art, it is exceptionally unnerving however.
6. WHAT DO YOU WANT MORE THAN ANYTHING RIGHT NOW?
To have friends and family closer. 3000 miles is really hard sometimes.
7. DO YOU BELIEVE IN GAY MARRIAGE?
I believe in love.
8. WHAT TIME WERE YOU BORN?
Somewhere around 10am.
9. ARE YOUR PARENTS STILL TOGETHER?
10. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO?
11. DO YOU GET SCARED OF THE DARK?
No, I am the night!
12. THE LAST PERSON TO MAKE YOU CRY?
Due to weaning hormones I cry a lot, which is fucking weird considering how infrequently I've ever cried before. I can't honestly keep track.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE COLOGNE / PERFUME?
Auric Blends, Honey Almond
14. WHAT KIND OF HAIR/EYE COLOR DO YOU LIKE ON THE OPPOSITE SEX?
Dark and dark.
15. DO YOU LIKE PAINKILLERS?
No, but sometimes they're a necessity.
16. COFFEE OR ENERGY DRINKS?
17. FAVE PIZZA TOPPING?
18. IF YOU COULD EAT ANYTHING RIGHT NOW, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
My mom's banana bread.
19. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU MADE MAD?
20. DO YOU SPEAK ANOTHER LANGUAGE?
American Sign Language.
21. WHAT WAS THE LAST GIFT SOMEONE GAVE YOU?
Tomb Raider, for my birthday.
22. DO YOU LIKE SOMEONE?
I like lots of people. Do you mean like-like?
23. ARE YOU DOUBLE JOINTED?
In a couple of places.
24. FAVORITE CLOTHING BRAND?
25. WHAT'S YOUR DREAM CAR?
26. DO YOU BELIEVE IN AFTER-LIFE?
27. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF MARRIAGE?
something that should be taken more seriously by people. You're
devoting your life to another person, that's nothing to take lightly.
28. WOULD YOU FALL IN LOVE KNOWING THAT THE PERSON IS LEAVING?
Love isn't a choice.
29. WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO TELL SOMEONE HOW MUCH THEY MEAN TO YOU?
them know, especially if you think highly of them. You should remind
them often how important they are to you, you never know when it may be
30. SAY A NUMBER FROM ONE TO A HUNDRED?
31. BLONDE OR BRUNETTE?
32. WHAT IS THE ONE PHONE NUMBER THAT SHOWS UP ON YOUR PHONE THE MOST?
Aaron, because I usually miss his call the first several times.
33. WHAT ANNOYS YOU MOST?
34. HAVE YOU BEEN OUT OF THE U.S.?
I've been to Canada.
35. YOUR WEAKNESSES?
36. WHAT WAS THE LAST GIFT YOU GAVE?
I sent my mother a care package when she was going through chemo. It included a teddy bear for hugs, cookies, and crystallized ginger for tea.
37. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE HOLIDAY?
Thanksgiving because the family usually comes together.
38. EVER DONE A PRANK CALL?
Is your refrigerator running?
It's a dying art!
39. WHAT WERE YOU DOING BEFORE THIS?
Watching Sesame Street.
40. IF YOU COULD GET PLASTIC SURGERY WHAT WOULD IT BE?
have them fix my Hello Kitty pencil, the little pocket clip broke off a
few years ago. Oh, you meant something else didn't you?
^I still like this answer.
41. WHO IS YOUR BEST FRIEND?
Aaron and Lena.
42. WHAT DO YOU GET COMPLIMENTED ABOUT MOST?
My art and my writing. You guys seem to really enjoy my blogs!
43. WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF ALCOHOL BECAME ILLEGAL?
Probably drink less alcohol.
44. WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY?
Usually something thoughtful. I keep a wishlist!
45. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
Jean was my grandmother's name.
46. DO YOU WISH ON STARS?
Only shooting stars, sometimes airplanes if I'm drunk.
47. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE COLOR?
48. WHICH FINGER[S] IS YOUR FAVORITE?
My thumbs, do those count?
49. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY?
When did I last not cry? GD hormones.
50. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
51. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE VEGETABLE?
52. ANY BAD HABITS?
Eating candy instead of actual food.
53. WHAT IS YOUR MOST EMBARRASSING CD ON THE SHELF?
54. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
55. HAVE YOU EVER TOLD A SECRET YOU SWORE NOT TO TELL?
Yes, but only to my significant other, whom didn't even know the person or anyone the person socializes with. You can expect me to share pretty much everything with my significant other though. There's no secrets between us.
56. DO LOOKS MATTER?
What if you went blind tomorrow? The fact that you have a hot
girlfriend wouldn't mean squat anymore if her attitude was sour.
57. HOW DO YOU RELEASE YOUR ANGER?
release a lot of emotion through my art, happiness, sadness, anger,
pen and paper do them well.
58. WHERE IS YOUR SECOND HOME?
59. DO YOU TRUST OTHERS EASILY?
really, I'm very objective about people. As such, they need to earn my trust.
60. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE TOY WHEN YOU WERE LITTLE?
had this little imported glow in the dark Hello Kitty toy when I was
really young. I used to take it with me EVERYWHERE. Tragic story
really. You know how things that glow in the dark glow brightest if you
hold them up to the light before turning it off? Well, I stuck Hello
Kitty in a lamp cover to charge her up real nice and good. Being the 4
year old I was didn't know that light bulbs got hot, so I left her
there while I went and watched TV, I think I was watching David The
Gnome... Anyway, when I came back she had melted. I was devastated.
Runner up goes to my Velveteen Rabbit.
61. ARE YOU AFRAID OF GROWING UP?
Growing up doesn't mean you can't still be a child at heart.
62. DO YOU USE SARCASM?
Sarcasm, what's that?
63. ARE YOU RELIGIOUS?
Yes. But you would never know it.
64. DOES 11:11 MEAN ANYTHING TO YOU?
It means I win! 11:11, 1:11, 2:22, 3:33, 4:44, 5:55!
66. DO YOU GET ALONG WITH YOUR PARENTS?
67. WHAT IS THE MOST PAIN YOU HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED?
Giving birth. Holy shit guys, seriously.
68. DO YOU UN-TIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
Not if I can help it.
69. LAST THING YOU SPILLED?
70. DO YOU HAVE ANY PETS?
I have 1 cat, a Mau/Maine Coon still living with my mother named
Odin, and at home a giant Scottish Fold named Neelix, a tiny American longhair named Intruder, and a landsnail named Pumpkin Caddash.
71. WHAT IS THE LAST FURRY THING YOU TOUCHED?
Other than my keyboard? The 360 controller to make Netflix go.
72. WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE COLORS?
Didn't we already address this? Oh, this is plural. Then: orange, red, pink, blue, yellow.
73. WHAT'S THE LAST BOOK YOU READ?
74. HOW MANY WISDOM TEETH DO YOU HAVE?
All of them, but they haven't come in yet, they're still well below the gum.
75. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS?
Yes. Let's revive Internet Surveys!
76. WHAT'S YOUR DREAM VACATION?
I've always wanted to go to southern Ireland.
77. LAST THING YOU ATE/DRANK?
Booberry cereal and instant coffee.
78. LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
79. WHATS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ON THE OPPOSITE SEX?
80. DO YOU BELIEVE IN LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT?
81. FAVORITE THING TO HATE?
82. FAVORITE DRINK?
83. FAVORITE ZODIAC SIGN?
I'm an Aries so that goes without saying.
84. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SPORT?
85. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE HAIR COLOR?
This is a weird question. I think it depends on the person, whatever matches their skintone.
86. FAVORITE EYE COLOR?
I like unique eyes. Green, black, and all the mixtures in between.
87. DO YOU PREFER TALL OR SHORT?
1 biologically, 3 otherwise and I'm closer to those that aren't blood related than I am to the 1 that is.
89. FAVORITE MONTH?
90. DO YOU LIKE SUSHI?
91. LAST THING YOU WATCHED?
92. FAVORITE DAY OF THE YEAR?
I don't know. Beginning of April is when all the tulips start popping
up, so a day around there will do. Any day around there.
93. ARE YOU TOO SHY TO ASK SOMEONE OUT?
94. SUMMER OR WINTER?
95. Are you going to have fun this summer?
Jude should be a master of walking, I wager it's going to be an entertaining time for everyone.
96. RELATIONSHIPS OR ONE NIGHT STANDS?
97. WHO IS THE MOST LIKELY TO ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS?
98. WHO IS LEAST LIKELY TO ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS?
Aaron. The internet enigma.
99. IS ANYONE IN LOVE WITH YOU?
100. WHO WERE YOU WITH LAST NIGHT?
102. WHAT WOKE YOU UP THIS MORNING?
103. WHERE ARE YOU?
In the living room, at the coffee table.
104. DID YOU HUG OR KISS ANYONE TODAY?
105. LEARN ANYTHING NEW LATELY?
106. WHATS ON YOUR MIND?
107. WOULD YOU TAKE A BULLET FOR ANYONE?
I think I would without thinking about it for a few people... family mostly.
108. WHERE DO YOU WANT TO LIVE?
In a comfy house. Doesn't have to be flashy, just cozy.
109. WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP?
110. WHERE DO YOU SEE YOURSELF IN 5 YEARS?
With a six year old, whaaaaat. Crazy! I wager we'll possibly be in a house by then and Aaron will be a professional saver of lives.
111. WHO IS YOUR #1 ON MYSPACE?
112. HAVE YOU EVER KISSED YOUR #1?
Oh, how outdated you are, friend Survey.
113. HOW OFTEN DO YOU LOG IN TO MYSPACE?
114. DO YOU LISTEN TO MUSIC DAILY?
115. ARE YOU A FAST TYPER?
116. WHAT ARE YOU DOING THIS WEEKEND?
Probably the same thing I do everyday only I may stay up a little later.
117. HAVE YOU EVER MOVED?
About once a year every year up until I was 15.
118. HAVE YOU EVER WON AN AWARD?
119. DO YOU PLAY ANY SPORTS OR HAVE ANY OTHER HOBBIES THAT ARE UNUSUAL?
I spend all of my spare time playing video games. It's not really weird anymore though.
120. WHATS 1 PHRASE OR WORD YOU LOVE?
121. WHEN IS YOUR BIRTHDAY?
122. WHEN WERE YOU THE SADDEST IN YOUR WHOLE LIFE?
When one of my best friends committed suicide.
When I was forcibly relocated to Ohio in 8th grade.
When my mom told me she had cancer.
123. HAVE YOU EVER HAD A SONG WRITTEN ABOUT YOU?
124. WHAT DO YOU LISTEN TO BEFORE BED?
Usually Aaron typing.
125. DO YOU HAVE A JOB?
I'm a mom.
126.WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY?
Other than family? Almonds in chocolate, crunchy Autumn leaves, tulips...
127. HOW TALL ARE YOU?
I shrunk. wtf?
128. WHAT COLOR ARE YOUR EYES?
Green-brown-gray, in rings around the pupil.
129. DO YOU HAVE ANY PIERCINGS?
My ears only.
130. WHAT'RE YOU WEARING?
Yoga pants and a tank top.
131. DO YOU GET MOTION SICKNESS?
132. IN 1 WORD DESCRIBE 2012: Magical.
133. FIRST KISS IN 2013: Aaron.
134. DO YOU KNOW ANYONE IN PRISON?
I had an uncle there.
135. HAVE YOU EVER BROKEN A RIB?
A couple actually.
136. WOULD YOU RATHER BE A GUY OR A GIRL?
I enjoy being a woman.
137. HAVE YOU EVER HAD AN EATING DISORDER?
No. I love food to much to neglect or waste it.
138. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN IN AN INTER-RACIAL RELATIONSHIP?
139. DO YOU HAVE ANY FRIENDS OR FAMILY IN THE WAR RIGHT NOW?
140. ARE YOU STRAIGHT EDGE?
No. Drug Free? Yes. Caffeine free? No. Alcohol free? No.
141. WHAT KIND OF BIRTH CONTROL DO YOU USE?
142. ARE YOU A COUNTRY GUY/GIRL OR A CITY GUY/GIRL?
Combination of both.
143. RIGHTY OR LEFTY?
144. YOUR HERITAGE?
Irish and Native American.
145. YOUR MOST MISSED MEMORY?
Catching frogs as a kid was always fun.
146. WHAT WERE YOU DOING...
1 MINUTE AGO: This survey...
1 HOUR AGO: Playing with Jude.
1 DAY AGO: Playing FFXIV.
1 WEEK AGO: Playing Sim 3.
1 YEAR AGO: Having a baby.
147. WHAT DO YOU REMEMBER THE MOST ABOUT ELEMENTARY SCHOOL?
Beating up Lori Cauldwell for attacking my little sister.
Janice moving. :(
W.A.Y.C. and the ensemble.
The weird boy who would put Tea Animals in my desk before I got there...
The time all the little cartons of milk went bad and the lunch ladies tried to pass off lumpy milk as "milk shakes".
Science camp at the end of the year.
Getting sick and almost dying...
148. WHAT DO YOU REMEMBER THE MOST ABOUT MIDDLE SCHOOL?
Moving from Michigan to Ohio.
Ms. Moran's Language Arts class.
Nights Into Dreams.
Lawn ornament thievery.
The Renaissance Fair.
Going to Geauga Lake just to chill.
149. WHAT DO YOU REMEMBER MOST ABOUT HIGH SCHOOL?
Skipping school when Tali got suspended.
Living at Tali's house (usually hidden under her bed).
Detention, after hours, and Mr. Peterson.
Spending weeks in the hospital.
Our attendance officer being THE most rude inconsiderate bitch ever.
Hanging out with the girls (Tali, Ashly, Lena, Angela, Melinda, Lindsey, Gina, Dona) in Choir first period.
Thanksgiving at Lindsey's Dad's house.
Baking cakes with Gina in Home Etc.
Going to TPT shows especially at the fair when some redneck told me I had "purty hair."
"Lemon or Grape?" the great Jolly Rancher conspiracy in Algebra with Kim.
Raves with school the following day.
Driving around aimlessly.
Spring break in Florida with Ashly, and getting really sick.
Spring Break camping in the woods with the girls.
Mike Hunt getting a boner on our field trip to the Cleveland Courthouse.
Having to practically sneak out of the hospital in order to make it to Graduation.
150. There is no 150!