Sunday, April 15, 2012

Golf Drinking Games

This sundae is bigger than my head!
For my birthday this year we had a small party Saturday and Sunday. We had plans for nine or more people, justifying rental of The Pope Room for dinner, but scheduling didn't pan out. So we wound up with four: Aaron, Josh, Sean, and me. Saturday evening we played a Magic The Gathering drinking game, where any time a creature was sent to the graveyard you had to drink. Sean probably drank the most, since he died early on, but he didn't drink all that much since he was defeated so quickly. Thanks to Spore Frog, I did not get very drunk.

Reign of Frogs held out well, and by held out I mean could've stomped through the world if I had more mana to start, but ultimately we all lost to being lobotomized by Aaron's deck. No library to draw from. Ho-hum. We also watched the strangest video ever. No really. It was very very strange.How strange? Cannot even begin trying to describe it.

Sunday morning we had a croissant feast followed by a trip downtown to eat at Shoki Ramen House. I'm not sure you can get better ramen without leaving the country. After lunch we headed over to Scandia to play miniature golf and arcade games. Naturally we had a miniature golf drinking game where any time you went over par you had to take a shot and anytime someone else hit under par they got to choose someone to take a shot. If someone got a hole in one, everyone else had to take a shot.

I was doing pretty good for the first four holes. But it was my birthday and therefor everyone chose me to drink when they hit under par. After that I kind of just stumbled from hole to hole playing worse and worse which meant I had to drink more and more. I decided rather than play the 18th hole, where you lose your ball, to pocket my ball and keep it as a souvenir.

At the end, I had the worst score and had to finish off both flasks.

We made it through eighteen holes of golf without getting caught and there at the very end a security guard managed to spawn on us like an agent from The Matrix and get me in trouble. He demanded Sean and I go put the flasks in the car, oblivious to the fact that by now they were both completely empty. Herp.

So we're headed through the building to go to the car and this security guard is following behind me like I'm some delinquent reminding me every three feet that I have to go put the flask in the car. The funny thing was, at this point I didn't even have the flask on me anymore, it was in Aaron's jacket pocket! I can only walk so fast. It got so irritating that at one point when the man's like, "GO PUT IT IN THE CAR." I turned around and was like, "YOU GO PUT IT IN THE CAR!" Immediately I regretted that however and followed it with an apologetic, "I'm going..."

Because seriously, I was going! While he was clearly capable of teleporting wherever he wished, I had to use my legs to travel. And legs are slow, especially when you are drunk. So off to the car Sean and I go, though I've nothing to put in the car because I don't even have the flask. Then we return tot he arcade and get our game on. We manage to make thirty-nine tickets despite several of the games being broken and not rewarding us. The woman behind the gift counter was nice though and let me get a Lick-a-Stick anyway.

Once we'd concluded our golfing adventure we returned home for a bit, played a little more Magic and then headed to Buca di Beppo's for dinner. Amazing food. For dessert we got the colossal sundae. It's as big as it sounds. It took all four of us to eat it. Stuffed and exhausted we returned home to be surprised by Washington Sean as well, who just so happened to be in town.

As for presents...
Aaron got me a fancy tablet -- the Intuos 5 Touch, which you can see in action on my deviant.
Sean gave me a rubber ducky tea infuser, because I love tea so good.
Josh forgot his gift but gave me delicious chocolate as a proxy.
And my grandfather sent me a bracelet and earrings to match the necklace he had given me for Christmas.

Much to my dismay, back East at my mother's house, my childhood dog Booka suffered a major stroke and died.  So while I had an amazing birthday, turns out it was also a really really sad day.

No comments:

Post a Comment