Monday, November 1, 2010

Hard Cider

Aaron and I drove down to San Jose with Josh to meet up with Melina (not to be confused with Milena) and hang out at Sean's for Halloween weekend. A formula for super fun.

Sean's cat was remarkably nicer than the last time we'd seen her (back in March), where she would growl and attack people as they walked innocently by her. She only having two outbursts of feline anger. At times, she would even approach you and let you pet her. Granted only for a few seconds before got nervous and/or ran off.

We met up with Melina, Joshua (not to be confused with Josh), Chris, and Kayleigh in San Fransisco at the gigantic mall downtown where we congregated in Borders like true geeks. From there we went on the prowl for sushi, which lead us several blocks away to some itty bitty sushi bar on one of those steep hills you can only find in San Fransisco where we met up with another pal, Stephanie. I'm not exaggerating when I say it was a tiny place, our group of nine took up nearly all of the tables, but that added to the charm of the place.

After having our fill of sushi, Japanese beer, plum wine, and warm sake we concluded that it was time for ice cream. Coldstone was reputedly fantastic, so we headed there. Sean and I racing down the hill nearly into on-coming traffic. Sean won, but only because I was afraid I wouldn't be able to stop myself before plowing into the side of a car. At Coldstone I got a giant scoop of Watermelon sherbet with rainbow sprinkles mixed in. It was delicious, but after-the-fact I determined I should have also gotten chocolate chips.

While lingering outside of the ice cream shop, it was decided that we should meet up at Chris' apartment to watch 300, drink some American beers, and hang out. After driving uphill what seemed like an impossibly long time, that's exactly what we did. This is where we met Abbey, Chris' roomie, who thought my name was, "Totally intense!" and asked what sort of human I was. She was also mesmerized by Aaron's hair. Not that I can blame her. He does have amazing hair. Then we returned to Sean's to pass out until morning came and it was bacon time.

Halloween morning it occurred to us that we had a costume party to attend in a handful of hours, so we raided Sean's closet for last-minute costumes. Which was surprisingly fruitful, yielding masks, cloaks, and all kinds of random costume bits. We ended up with December (a creepy masked man in a suit), a guy with a burlap sack over his head, a lumberjack, and a cloaked woman with claws that we dubbed, "Or Something." Pictures were taken but not by me. So you'll have to wait to see them.

The party itself was fabulous. Joshua made this excellent spiced rum cider and served it out of a Jack-o-Lantern, which was totally my drink of choice for the night. We played on the Wii, then several rounds of I've Never followed by many hilarious games of Twister. Twister as an adult was totally more fun than I recall Twister being as a kid. Maybe it was the alcohol. Or maybe it was the fact that it was a bunch of adults dressed in costumes playing. Either way, it was great.

When the party finally died down, we headed back to Sean's house and went to sleep. Though it could be argued I went to sleep on the ride home, as I fell asleep in the back seat with my head on Aaron's lap. The next morning we went to some quaint little diner for breakfast and some much needed (albeit not good) coffee, before saying our goodbyes and heading back to Sacramento. All in all an A+ vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment