Monday, August 23, 2010

Cheesecake and College

Aaron started classes today so I'm sitting here all by my lonesome thinking on how weird it feels that the seat beside me is empty. Or more accurately: isn't occupied by him. Maybe I will construct a make-shift Aaron out of blankets and talk to it while I play video games until real Aaron gets home. Maybe.

Last Saturday he took me to Cheesecake Factory for dinner (and cheesecake). I had never been there before, so it was twice as amazing. Being that Aaron took me there made it thrice as amazing. The fact that they had pages and pages of cheesecake to choose from boosted the amazing factor even higher. The food was magnificent from appetizer to dessert and the environment was especially pleasant. Were I a restaurant critic I'd be giving my Cheesecake Factory experience a 5 out of 5 stars.

It was also the first time I've ever had asparagus. Little did I know, I like asparagus! I've tried more new things since my arrival here than I have in the last ten years of my life. It was a wonderful way to spend my evening. We even brought some cheesecake home so that we could have more cheesecake later. And we did.

Right now I'm musing over dinner. Aaron's schedule means I'm alone for dinner tonight, and everyone knows of the two of us, he is the chef. I settled in with Dragon Age and a bowl of rainbow sprinkles a bit ago but at some point I'm going to need actual food. At least, that is what my adult senses are telling me.

Not dinner?

No comments:

Post a Comment