Friday, August 1, 2008

The Color Purple

I went to dinner yesterday after my MRI and had some chocolate mousse for dessert. I was so full from the actual meal and margarita I had that I didn't think I'd be able to finish the mousse. So the flirty waiter tries to guilt me into eating it all. He's like, "But... I made this dessert especially for you! I'll be here until 1am, so you've got plenty of time to finish it up." All I can think is... lol.

He goes to get our check and I hurry up and scoop my mousse into one of our boxes to take home with me. When he comes back he thinks I ate all the dessert and is like, "Ha! Hive five!" So I high five him, then he runs off and returns moments later with a bright purple balloon tied to a pink ribbon, "It matches your shirt!" he exclaims as he hands it to me.

I'm laughing pretty hard by now, not only because of the situation but because he got me a purple balloon to match my shirt, but what he was actually looking at was my bra... my shirt was black, the bra was purple. I couldn't bring myself to correct him though. It seemed like that would probably embarrass him quite a bit. So we just said our goodbyes, made a hasty exit, and laughed about it in the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment