Monday, June 16, 2008

Fond Farewells

My family leaves this morning in about... 4 hours. I'm really going to miss them. We don't get to see each other nearly enough.

My aunt and uncle are such great people. They're so humble and generous with their time and money. Though my aunt has retired she still sees patients simply because they trust her and don't feel comfortable with another doctor. She sees them for a fraction of what they should be paying her, too. Quite possibly the most selfless rich people I know.

And my grandfather, there aren't enough wonderful words to describe him. I've never had a father, but in hindsite: I've never needed one. I've always had my grandpa to count on no matter what. I think he's probably one of the greatest people I have ever known and ever will know. He has seen so much in his life, and his stories are fascinating -- even the illegal ones.

We're all planning on taking a family trip to Ireland in the future to visit "the home land." That will be a remarkable trip. Despite not having a date set in stone yet, I can't wait. To be honest we could be traveling to anywhere and it would be an awesome trip just because we're all together, but Ireland is a place my grandfather has always wanted to take us to.

I should be returning to my regular schedule now, which is quite irregular by normal definition.

No comments:

Post a Comment