Saturday, March 19, 2011

My Favorite Holiday

March 17th. Aaron's birthday.

We began our day with coffee and presents. His father sent him a package of goodies including several pairs of sun glasses and a Space Ghost action figure. I got him a hookah and accessories (coal, shisha, etc.). His mother and I had been conspiring for the last few days to have a cheesecake delivered for him from The Cheesecake Factory, because he loves cheesecake so. She also sent a balloon and flowers in a beer stein. I wonder if this balloon will be haunted like last years balloon?

Last year's balloon floated along the ceiling of his old place of its own accord and if it wanted to enter another room, would lower just enough to go through the doorway then raise back up to bob along the ceiling. Even avoiding the light fixtures. One time I was in the shower and when I got out, I opened the door and the balloon was there waiting for me! Like a creepy old pervert.

After present opening and the appropriate phone calls, we played Fable 3 together, smoked a little shisha, and ate cheesecake. Aaron was in the black satin robe he'd gotten over the holidays with a pair of the sunglasses his father had sent -- small silver rims with pitch black lens, making him look like an evil master mind. The dark hookah on the table in front of him and the smoke floating in the air only added to the scene. I expected Batman to show up at any minute to try to thwart his secret evil plans or something.

For dinner I took him out for sushi and sake. The sake we ordered came in an ornate bottle with tiny gold-fleck flowers floating within. It being Saint Patrick's Day, we had the whole place to ourselves. I guess most people celebrate Saint Patrick's Day in a tavern somewhere binge drinking and pretending to be Irish. It was very nice to have the whole place to ourselves. When we got back home we had a little more shisha and played video games until bed time. Then we slept in, just because.

It is difficult to put into words how much he means to me. He makes all of my days brighter just by being. Every day I love him just a little bit more, which seems impossible because every day I think I love him the most only to learn I can still somehow love him more! If you think that's girlie I'll punch you in the throat.

No comments:

Post a Comment