Saturday, April 2, 2011

A Gift Buying Guide

As requested: A Gift Buying Guide
a.k.a. How To Shop For An Inari 
(Updated frequently! 3/27/2012) 
 Moved to April for ease!


With (insert gift-buying date) fast approaching, people have begun asking me what I'd like -- but I prefer surprises. So this is a compromise for those of you who want me to narrow down the field.

I'm actually quite simple to please, even on a budget. The sentiment of the gift means more to me than the amount of money you had to spend on it. Many of my favorite gifts aren't worth much at all outside of how much they mean to me.

Here are some general things I like. These things and anything related to these things are bound to bring a smile to my face. Listed in no particular order whatsoever.


Things I Could Really Use:
  • A new bed (queensize+)
  • A bookbag
  • A netbook

Non-edible Things I Like:
  • Octopodes
  • Frogs
  • Bats
  • Polished Stones
  • Robots
  • Goldfish
  • Scarves
  • The color orange
  • The color red
  • Elephants
  • Hardcover books
  • Antiques 
  • Lockets
  • Knit cardigans
  • Snails
  • Tulips

Edible Things I Like:
  • Honey
  • Tea
  • Mead
  • Sake
  • Ginger
  • Popcorn
  • Cupcakes
  • Chocolate
  • Meringue cookies
  • Caramels
  • Wasabi peas

    Scents I Like:
    • Cinnamon
    • Vanilla
    • Ginger
    • Amber
    • Honey

      Television/Book-related Things I Like:
      • Star Trek
      • Star Wars
      • Battle Star Galactica 
      • Lost 
      • Doctor Who
      • Death Note
      • Full Metal Alchemist
      • A Song of Ice and Fire 

      Comic-related Things I Like:

      Video Game-related Things I Like:
      • Chocobos
      • Moogles
      • Prinnies
      • Tonberries

      Then there is of course video games themselves, though that can be tricky if you don't know what I already have in my collection. I prefer classical RPGs, but will play just about anything. I have a PC, a 360, a Wii, and all of the older consoles. My Steam name is: Morally_Gray


      Things I Support:

      My ears are pierced. I own a charm bracelet. I wear a size extra small (small if that's as little as they come) tops and medium/32" bottoms. My shoe size is 9, narrow. I prefer silver to gold and have an allergy to faux silver and gold-plate, unfortunately.

      Hope that helps!

      Feel free to comment or write a blog with your own lists to make things easier on me. ;)

      2 comments:

      1. I shall try to combine a few of these for maximum fun factor. Frog flavoered ice cream in a crocheted star wars package, delivered in a boot.

        ReplyDelete