Sunday, September 7, 2008

Gnashing Insect Teeth

I was bitten by a yellow jacket last week. What are the chances? Several of us sitting on a patio, one pissed off yellow jacket, and I'm the one to get bitten. Not stung -- bitten. Kind of a lucky break, I'm very allergic so if I had gotten stung it'd have been a hundred times worse and I would have had to go to the hospital.

Not that it wasn't still bad. They have trace amounts of venom in their bite, so I did have a reaction. My whole arm felt like it was on fire for about twenty-four hours, then it remained sore for the next three days. The day after I had a horrible migraine headache. Excedrin didn't even dent the pain, and it lasted for seven hours.

I'm doing better now. I have a little bee-sized bite mark on my arm, but it's healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment