Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanks

First and foremost I'd like to say Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. I hope the holiday finds you all in great spirits and good health.

Secondly say what you may about the origins of this holiday, the ideal is a worthwhile celebration: being thankful. If my Native American grandfather can find a reason to celebrate this holiday, so can you.

Be thankful. Do not take anything for granted! I am aware of how fragile life is and how easily things can slip through your fingers until you've got nothing left to hold onto. I realize that a person could be there talking with you today, and dead tomorrow. The future is uncertain so make the best of your life daily.

I am thankful for everything. I have a roof over my head, I never go hungry or thirsty, I sleep in a warm bed, I am loved. What more do you really need? Anything more would simply be excess -- a bonus but not a necessity.

No comments:

Post a Comment