Monday, May 7, 2007

Hello, It's Good To Hear You

Answer to all life's problems. Or at least half of them, anyway.
So I got my hearing aid this afternoon. After an extensive session with my audiologist, including a hearing and perception test with and without the device in, I can now hear and understand all of you better!

It's not 100% better, as if I had never been deaf at all, but it is a whole lot better.

For the first time in several months I can clearly hear someone speaking at me without having to aimlessly guess what they're talking about. I can hear (to some degree) keys jingling, birds singing, music playing, all things I have not heard at all in a very, very long time. It's wonderful. It's essentially like hearing through a microphone. If I cup the device in my hands, it whistles and chirps.

Tonight I will watch Heroes for the very first time while able to fully understand what's going on at any given moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment